Monday, October 10, 2022

Gearing Up for NANOWRIMO

 Here comes National Novel Writing Month! Are you ready for November and to get that novel written? 

Write that 50,000 word novel by putting the fingers to the keyboard every day to crank out the next great novel. 

I've done NANO several times and even published one of my NANO's. Getting that first draft down was the easy part. Editing it for publication was hard!  But that's beside the point. Now it's time to start thinking about what kind of novel you have inside you. 

There are several ways you can come up with ideas. Head over to Pinterest and type in "Writing prompts" or "Story Ideas" and pull up a treasure trove of ideas. 

Another way is to pick a genre. Romance, RomCom, Mystery, Horror, or Fantasy. 

I was reading one of my emails about writing (yes, I'm signed up for quite a few) and saw one publishing company looking for Dark Academia. Hmmm, what exactly is that?  Confession; I had to look it up. Of course the words Dark and Academia give us a pretty good clue but I had to seek out that exact meaning. And I'm intrigued. Now may mind is churning with ideas.... 

Check out NANOWRIMO here; https://nanowrimo.org/about-nano to find out more.  



No comments:

Last Day of NANOWRIMO --- Oh No!

 Where did the month go?  Certainly not on the page. I have an outline, some character sketches but mostly I have a lot of research notes.  ...