Sunday, November 07, 2010

When is it Okay?


I've read a couple of books lately where there are info dumps in the first two chapters. One, a very popular book, had so much back story in the first two chapters I was wondering when the story would start.
In my critique groups this was one of the biggest no-no's, but I see this happening in books all the time.
So when is it okay?
This is a picture of Trixie. She came up from West Virginia on the day she was supposed to be euthanized. This week she got a new family to love. Yay Trixie!

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

IT seems these days that few big publishing houses care about info dumps. They are becoming so common in modern books, yet they trouble me. Maybe that's part of the reason I don't read a lot of recently released books.

Last Day of NANOWRIMO --- Oh No!

 Where did the month go?  Certainly not on the page. I have an outline, some character sketches but mostly I have a lot of research notes.  ...