Friday, December 02, 2011

From Writing to Painting....

I'm almost thinking I should change this blog to AimlessPainter as I'm painting more than writing right now. Or (see Pic) burning. That piece of wood was etched with a wood burner and when I'm done burning it I'll paint around the burn marks. I like this stuff but almost asphyxiate myself with the smoke while working. This piece is about 8 feet long and I'm going to use it as a valance in the front living room. I'll post a pic when it's done and up. I'm still editing my Soul Mates novella and it's coming along. What I can't believe is that after three full edits I still find something.
I have a reader who is helping and we're passing the story back and forth as we edit. I was hoping to have it up on Amazon by Sept, then November...now I'm seeing the reality is that it might be up by Christmas because I'm sick of looking at it and ready to work on something else. I think painting and wood burning is keeping me sane during this process. Instead of just editing I still get to create something. Next project under the paintbrush will be a three canvas beach scene. So? What do you do when writing just isn't enough?

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I enjoyed wood burning a lot when I was a kid. It's been so long. I might like trying it again.

Rick said...

Painting- no! Write a new novel!!

Last Day of NANOWRIMO --- Oh No!

 Where did the month go?  Certainly not on the page. I have an outline, some character sketches but mostly I have a lot of research notes.  ...