Sunday, May 09, 2010


Last night Elliot found his fur-ever family. He even has a little doggie brother to play with.
We packed up his toys and his food bowl, gave him some hugs and kisses for his journey and waved goodbye. Then as I watched them drive away Elliot's little face popped up in the car window and I saw a big smile. I think he'll be happy. His new mama was very dog-oriented and I could see she really loved her other dog.
Sometimes I think dogs know when good things are happening. Elliot loves car rides so he jumped right in and ran from window to window, but I didn't see him hesitate at all. Other dogs that have come through here always hesitated at the door like they didn't want to go. They'd pull back and look at me as if to say, "What are you doing? Don't let them take me!"
But not Elliot. He's a dog always ready for adventure and he bounced right out the door. It wasn't until I saw his little face in the car window that I teared up.
As much as it hurts to let go....we'll do it again because until there are none...we foster one.
Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Last Day of NANOWRIMO --- Oh No!

 Where did the month go?  Certainly not on the page. I have an outline, some character sketches but mostly I have a lot of research notes.  ...