Sunday, October 29, 2023

NaNoWriMo 2023 Starts in 3 Days - Ready?

 

Three days till NaNoWriMo starts!

Are you ready to write? A plotter or a pantser? 

I generally make my notes in a sketch book. This gives me room to draw or write and make arrows and lines. Little boxes of character notes. Its a real mess to everyone else, but it keeps me centered. A sketch book also gives me a place to draw out my town. I know which streets my character goes down and where everyone lives. Sorry, but it your character can make it three miles across town, walking and still show up on time for dinner.... someone out there in reader-land will nail you for it. Details! The devil is in the Details! 

For NaNo? I have nothing planned. 

Today we had our NaNoWriMo launch party and someone brought these dice that gave plot ideas when you rolled them. So I gave it a roll.

Next idea came from trying to make a witch for my front yard. There's a way to do it with a gallon milk jug, black plastic table cloths and a stick. So I went to Pinterest and found out how to put it all together. Do you know what happens when you ask Pinterest something? Like witches?
Your feed fills with witchcraft and spells. Next thing I know Facebook groups are showing up with witches. What's a writer to do?

First I started a Pinterest board for witch stuff. I need to know more about this stuff! Did I join the FB group? Well.....

So, in the past week or so the universe has brought to me those four plot point dice and witches. That's what I'm going to write about for NaNoWriMo. 

Witches, Illusion, Non-Gen, Protect & Anti-Hero

Gotta love a challenge. 

So did you pick your plot, yet? Got a seedling of an idea? Or just gonna go for it? 


No comments:

Last Day of NANOWRIMO --- Oh No!

 Where did the month go?  Certainly not on the page. I have an outline, some character sketches but mostly I have a lot of research notes.  ...