Saturday, April 05, 2008

God bless them all...

Not a bad pass time this guys got. I'm not an advocate of the war or of Bush either, but I do support the troops. They are way braver then me. I'm not sure I'd ever have the guts to go into a country like Iraq and walk around even if they did give me a gun. (I'm afraid of guns anyway.) I think the guys who go off to create peace in all parts of the world are heros. Maybe more of us should go to the airports and give these guys a hug?

I love my country even if I don't like my president.

5 comments:

Michele said...

This is so touching. It's lovely to see people reaching out to the soldiers that way, welcoming them home. Especially after what they've been through, what they've seen, what they've survived. Sigh.

My dad was in Vietnam and he certainly didn't get that kind of reception when he returned. :-(

Thanks for posting this...

Spy Scribbler said...

"I love my country even if I don't like my president."

Amen to that.

And I hope the recent ills are all mostly his fault. I pray.

Julie Weathers said...

I cried. Tried to link it in my blog, but I am technically challenged.

I thought this was going to be a political rant and didn't watch it for a couple of days, but I am so glad I did.

It's nice to know people do support our sons and daughters.

Aimlesswriter said...

Julie,
Who me? Rant? lol Not this time but there are so many times I'm tempted. :)
I can email it to you if you want.
I remember the Vietnam war and how hard those soldiers had it. I think this is a great way show our appreciation.

Julie Weathers said...

Would you mind e-mailing that to me. I would love to make it a feature of the blog.

Thanks.

Julie

Last Day of NANOWRIMO --- Oh No!

 Where did the month go?  Certainly not on the page. I have an outline, some character sketches but mostly I have a lot of research notes.  ...