Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Getting the Groove back...


I've been slacking for a while now and can't seem to get back in the saddle. I've been writing shorts and actually sold one but just can't seem to find my groove.
The health issues I've been dealing with since my car accident in 07 are still there to haunt me. My family dynamics are changing as my kids are grown up now and building their own lives and I think it's this combination that is dragging me down.
Taking in the foster dogs help. They often come from cruel and stressful situations and need extra TLC. The house still has some life in it, but I miss having the kids around.
I've been slacking off on all my writing groups which help me immensely. I just can't find the urge to go anymore. It's not like writer's block...its more like writer's don't care anymore. But I do, care that is, but still there's something missing. Perhaps my muse has fled the scene? Maybe it's all worn out and I have to go find a new one to push around? Did I work him to the bone and overload him so now he needs his rest? Ahhhh, Muse, where are you now?
Blah.
So HELP!
Where does the groove go and how can I hunt it down to drag it back?

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've had times like these. the mind can only take so much focus before it has to escape. Best sometimes to take a few days completely away from any attempt to write or blog. then see how you feel.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

There are days I swear even my journal runs from me! It's as if I've never held a pencil -- and you can forget a keyboard!
My dad used to tell me my mid was overloaded and to back off everything for a while. It works for me.

Last Day of NANOWRIMO --- Oh No!

 Where did the month go?  Certainly not on the page. I have an outline, some character sketches but mostly I have a lot of research notes.  ...