Monday, July 07, 2008

Setting up a writing schedule.

When I'm busy, in a rush I seem to get so much more done then when I have a lot of time.
Now, I'm unemployed. I've been sitting here all day watching TV...HELP!
Well,,,,it wasn't that bad. I did start a new story today about a reluctant angel. 3 pages.
Okay, tomorrow's schedule:
Up early and read blogs over breakfast
Coffee and working on the finished WIP (rewriting)
Laundry (somebody has to do it)
Lunch
Wash dogs (they really need it!--maybe cat too, if I have enough courage.)
More laundry (Yes, its that bad.)
Think up blog entry to post.
Clean something.
More writing
Make dinner while rereading what was written today.
Dishes
Probably more laundry (oh so bad)
Sleep.

So what's your daily schedule look like?





8 comments:

Zoe Winters said...

I get up. Do my blog thing, eat something, then I TRY to get my writing done, as early as possible. If I don't do it first I have to do it last. And if I do it last sometimes I'm too tired. Then I do some research/work on my business thing. And clean house and cook. And work out and sometimes lay in the sun, but the order of everything always shifts based on what time of the day I get up.

Spy Scribbler said...

Teaching is chaotic in the summer. I have no regular schedule, but it's so true: the more time I have, the less I get done. So I try to make myself busy. The more I limit my time for a task, the faster I work. I use timers to help me focus better.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

My husband just finished school and I WAS covering the last two hours of his shift, so now my day is wide open.

Get up
Run every other day
Eat
Clean house & start laundry if needed
Read the internet
Try to write
Read
Read the internet again
Cook dinner
Internet
Think about wip
Go to Bed

Aimlesswriter said...

Zoe, Sounds like a good schedule. Especially the laying in the sun thing.
What kind of business thing are you doing?

Aimlesswriter said...

Spy, You're right. I need to make myself busier. I actually almost got some things done today.

Aimlesswriter said...

Melanie,
YOu run? I'm envious! I'm trying real hard to get into exercise.

Zoe Winters said...

I'm not quite sure about the details yet. But it's going to be something largely online based. And I'm the kind of person who doesn't talk about something until I get really far into it...sort of like with what I'm writing.

Recovering DJ said...

It is hard to get motivated with no one around, I know! I try to write and work out first. I also have to keep the TV off our I end up watching drivel, just because I am such a procrastinator! Good luck!

Last Day of NANOWRIMO --- Oh No!

 Where did the month go?  Certainly not on the page. I have an outline, some character sketches but mostly I have a lot of research notes.  ...